Sunday, December 11, 2016

Barbara Mikulski

by -

Joe Biden admitted it is a “totally legitimate argument and concern” that Iran will use U.S. dollars to threaten Israel, if Obama’s Iran deal goes through.

He just doesn’t care.

During a round table in Florida, filled with mostly Jewish supporters who are naturally concerned about how lifting Iran’s sanctions might threaten Israel, Biden agreed that it’s cause for concern:

“The sanctions relief from this deal is the second piece, and it goes to the second issue mostly. ‘Well, Joe, even if, even if I believe that you were able to stop Iran from getting a nuclear weapon, you’re going to give them a lot of money, Joeboy. And they’re going to go out and do more of the bad things they are doing now, doing it more efficiently, and threaten our friends in an existential way, because they will have so much more money and capacity.’ Totally legitimate argument and concern.”

Obama’s Iran deal–which was negotiated with major world powers in Austria–has been controversial on both sides of the aisle. His own party has been struggling to get Senators to commit to the legislation–because it gives Iran essentially everything they asked for, in exchange for a mostly-unenforced promise to not build nuclear weapons.

That includes lifting of most sanctions on Iran–which has crippled the Iranian economy in recent years–which will result in a flood of funds hitting the terror-loving regime. Money that Iran has explicitly said will go towards wiping Israel off the planet.

Because Obama didn’t label his deal with Iran as a “treaty,” it only needs 36 Senators to pass into law. It struggled to get even that–but, earlier this week, Sen. Barbara Mikulski (D-Md.), agreed to break the gridlock. The deal with Iran now looks like it’s going to happen–even though Obama and Biden know it’s bad news for American allies.

by -
iran-deal

When you are out of your depth, don’t understand a problem or need answers, it is always good to ask the experts.

And while a bipartisan majority of members in both houses of Congress have said they will vote against President Barack Obama’s nuclear deal with Iran when a vote is scheduled, enough members who support the president’s plan have promised to defeat any effort to override of his veto of legislation to stop the deal from moving forward.

Now comes news from Senator Barbara Mikulski (D-MD), who is retiring from Congress next year, announced this morning that she will support the president’s deeply flawed Iran nuclear deal.

Mikulski’s decision makes her the 34th senator to support the deal, giving President Obama enough support in the Senate to sustain a veto of a Republican bill opposing it, should that bill pass in a vote later this month. In a statement, Mikulski said:

“No deal is perfect, especially one negotiated with the Iranian regime.” “I have concluded that (the president’s) Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action is the best option available to block Iran from having a nuclear bomb. For these reasons, I will vote in favor of this deal.”

Still, the number of retired generals and admirals signing on to a letter to Congress rejecting the Iran nuclear deal stands at 214 as of last Thursday – all former high-level U.S. military officers who say the “agreement will enable Iran to become far more dangerous” and “introduce new threats to American interests.”

The letter was initially sent to House and Senate leaders from both parties last week with 190 signatures. The signatories include former Navy Vice Admiral John Poindexter, who served as President Ronald Reagan’s national security adviser.

Retired Air Force Lt. Gen. Thomas McInerney, who held various defense advisory positions during President Bill Clinton’s administration and serves as a Fox News contributor on military and strategic issues, also signed the letter. According to the letter:

“The agreement as constructed does not ‘cut off every pathway’ for Iran to acquire nuclear weapons.” “To the contrary, it actually provides Iran with a legitimate path to doing that simply by abiding by the deal.”

The former military officials also point out that the deal is “unverifiable” and that the agreement included a “secret side deal” between Iran and International Atomic Energy Agency that would prevent U.N. weapons inspectors “from reliably detecting Iranian cheating.”

Support for the flawed Iran deal has been coming in from a litany of familiar “peace at any price” liberals including more than 120 wealthy Democratic donors. Proponents include Hollywood producer Norman Lear and former Clinton-Gore campaign chair Mickey Kantor who organized a similar letter campaign sent to Democratic leaders August.

Observers note that Democrats are taking military and national security advice from filmmakers, TV producers and entertainment celebrities while actual military experts with experience in the field of keeping America safe have made their views known to all members of Congress.

Congress is expected to vote in the weeks ahead to block the president’s Iran nuclear deal and stop Obama’s plan to authorize the end of broad sanctions for Iran’s radical mullahs – something the president can do by simply ignoring existing law as he has done with impunity on various issues in the past.

It is worth noting that this week’s letter was signed by retired generals and admirals who served in both Democrat and Republican administrations over the past 40 years.

TRENDING STORIES

Since Trump was elected a month ago, ISIS has called for violent attacks, but they are planning something big for “Blood Friday”. Friday, January 20th,...