Sunday, June 25, 2017

Sexual Harassment

by -
Fox News

Former Fox News Radio correspondent Jessica Golloher has reportedly filed a lawsuit against Fox News. The lawsuit came as a response to gender discrimination that Golloher experienced at the workplace. Her lawsuit claimed that the network had fired her after she had used the company’s hotline to report harassment.

The suit mentions that Golloher was fired within 24 hours of the phone call she had made reporting “sexist” harassment. The suits states that she was, “marginalized and subject to discrimination based on her gender.”

Golloher was noted saying that after she had filed a complaint with the company’s hotline, Fox terminated her employment by calling it a “budgetary” action.

Furthering emphasizing on Gollher’s statement, her attorney Douglas Wigdor said, “As we allege in the complaint, terminating an employee within 24 hours of utilizing the ‘hotline’ that Fox has touted as a defense to the O’Reilly sexual harassment matters is yet another indication of its lack of oversight and retaliatory animus for those that are brave enough to report unlawful conduct. What is even more dumbfounding, however, is that Fox Radio’s Vice President and General Manager, who conducted the termination in question was, according to media reports, fired from his prior job at ABC, after ABC learned of his improper use of on-line material that included a sexually explicit photograph that was turned over to the FBI.”

Court documents obtained by sources state, “Putting aside the fact that very few employees were even aware that a hotline existed prior to its mention in recent press accounts, Jessica Golloher, Fox News Radio Network’s Middle East/North Africa correspondent, did summon the courage, on April 17, 2017, to email 21st Century Fox’s purported independent investigator and request an opportunity to speak with her regarding issues at Fox.”

“Within 24 hours of sending this email, and knowing that Ms. Golloher had previously made internal complaints about gender discrimination,” the documents continued, “Ms. Golloher was, without any prior warning, fired — effective August 2017. The decision to terminate Ms. Golloher can only be described as a blatant act of retaliation.”

The lawsuit also brought to light the past events that had been occurring within the network since 2016.

“Simply put,” the suit stated, “any purported desire on the part of Fox to clean up its culture and actually encourage employees to come forward with complaints about discrimination in the workplace is nothing more than a move to salvage its reputation.”

In response to the lawsuit, a Fox representative came forward to speak of Gollaher’s case as “without merit” and stated her claims of “discrimination or retaliation” are “baseless.”

by -
How low will they go?

Left-leaning media outlets made sure they left no opportunity to make claims that ex-Fox News guest had been allegedly harassed by cable host Sean Hannity – However, their stories were built on rumors as opposed to facts.

As per a radio interview conducted on Friday, with 1170 KFAQ host Pat Campbell, Debbie Schlussel said “Hannity tried to get me to go back to the hotel after the show after he and his executive producer Bill Shine [now Fox’s co-president] treated me horribly.”

Schlussel went on and said she was banned from Fox News, because she had refused to go back to Hannity’s hotel after a book signing in the early 2000s. Schlussel on the other hand, did not acknowledge that fact that he had asked Hannity to his hotel room.

Ignoring the fact that the ex-Fox guest never claimed that Hannity sexually harassed her, even the radio station she spoke with characterized the conversation that way: “Debbie Schlussel accuses Sean Hannity of Sexual Harassment.”

“I would never accuse him of that. Sexual harassment has a special meaning under the law, and I would never accuse him of that,” Schlussel had stated. “I never thought I was sexually harassed by Sean Hannity — I thought he was weird and creepy, not someone I liked.”

This false story had spread all over the Internet ever since, with the The Daily Beast running the since-changed headline, “Sean Hannity Accused of Sexually Harassing Fox News Guest,” and The Huffington Post writing, “Sean Hannity is the latest Fox News star to be accused of sexual harassment.”

Since then, The Huffington Post and The Daily Beast have since updated their stories. And in an interview Monday, with LawNewz.com, Schlussel, a lawyer, set the record straight.

Hannity released a rather scornful statement following Schlussel radio interview last week & made it evident that he would take her to court for libel,  Let me be clear about the comments about me on a radio show this week K by this individual are 100% false and a complete fabrication. This individual is a serial harasser who has been lying about me for well over a decade. The individual has a history of making provably false statements against me in an effort to slander, smear and besmirch my reputation. The individual has not just slandered me over the years but many people who this individual disagrees with.”

Schlussel went on forth and mentioned that Hannity is considering a countersuit, despite the fact that her comments were “defamatory.”

 

 

by -

A new report that alleges Bill O’Reilly paid five women claiming to be sexually harassed by him, was published on Saturday. O’Reilly’s news show, ‘The O’Reilly Factor’ is the most-watched news program in the US and despite the allegations, Fox News Channel has reportedly decided to renew O’Reilly’s contract.

After an investigation by the New York Times, the publication reported that it had found at least five women who claimed to have been victims of sexual harassment by O’Reilly. According to the New York Times, the amount paid out to these women, in exchange for their silence and an agreement to not pursue litigation, totaled to around $13 million.

While denying the claims of sexual harassment, O’Reilly admitted that he has on occasions “put to rest any controversies” in order to protect his family, in a statement on his website.

“Just like other prominent and controversial people, I’m vulnerable to lawsuits from individuals who want me to pay them to avoid negative publicity. In my more than 20 years at Fox News Channel, no one has ever filed a complaint about me with the Human Resources Department, even on the anonymous hotline.

But most importantly, I’m a father who cares deeply for my children and who would do anything to avoid hurting them in any way. And so I have put to rest any controversies to spare my children.

The worst part of my job is being a target for those who would harm me and my employer, the Fox News Channel. Those of us in the arena are constantly at risk, as are our families and children. My primary efforts will continue to be to put forth an honest TV program and to protect those close to me.”

By Saturday evening, the Wall Street Journal reported that O’Reilly’s contract, which was set to expire by the end of 2017, was recently renewed. The Wall Street Journal and Fox News Channel are owned by the same company, 21st Century Fox.

For over a decade, “The O’Reilly Factor” has been the most-watched news show. Recent data published by TVNewser shows that O’Reilly’s 8 PM show on last Thursday garnered about 3.27 million views, beating CNN’s “AC360” which attracted around 2 million views.

TRENDING STORIES

Guarding Republicans

Over the weekend, the New York Times was slammed for running a piece where the news outlet apparently tried to cover up the motives...