Saturday, December 3, 2016

Taliban

by -
Taliban Terrorist

In the frantic effort to close the U.S. military prison at Guantanamo the Obama administration keeps freeing the world’s most dangerous terrorists, this month a Taliban soldier who served as Osama bin Laden’s bodyguard. The Yemeni, Majid Mahmud Abdu Ahmed, will be released to an Arabic-speaking country with “appropriate security assurances” and “reintegration support,” according to the Periodic Review Board (PRB) created by the president to clear out the compound at the U.S. military base in southeast Cuba.

“The Periodic Review Board, by consensus, determined that continued law of war detention of the detainee is no longer necessary to protect against a continuing significant threat to the security of the United States,” the board’s Unclassified Summary of Final Determination states. “In making this determination, the Board noted the detainee’s relative candor in discussing his time in Afghanistan, acceptance of the mistakes he made, and a credible desire to not repeat those mistakes. Further, the board considered the detainee’s age when he went to Afghanistan and having matured since entering detention, the detainee’s compliance while in detention at Guantanamo, and that the detainee has taken opportunities to educate himself while at Guantanamo.”

Ahmed’s Department of Defense (DOD) profile says that he’s a high risk detainee likely to pose a threat to the U.S., its interests and allies and that he’s of high intelligence value. “Detainee is a member of al-Qaida and a bodyguard for Usama Bin Laden (UBL),” the DOD profile says. “Detainee participated in armed hostilities against US and Coalition forces in Afghanistan and admitted fighting for the Taliban on the front lines against the Northern Alliance for two years. Detainee was captured with a group referred to as the Dirty 30 which included UBL bodyguards and a 20th 11 September 2001 hijacker while escaping hostilities during Operation Enduring Freedom.” The profile further says that Ahmed’s comments about America, Bin laden and his willingness to die for jihad indicate he will pose a significant threat if released. Ahmed was captured by Pakistani forces while attempting to cross the Afghanistan-Pakistan border near Parachinar after fleeing to UBL’s Tora Bora Mountain complex, according to the DOD.

Ahmed’s pending release makes him the 35th terrorist that Obama’s PRB has recently approved for transfer to a foreign country. The compound still holds 91 of the world’s most dangerous terrorists, including 9/11 masterminds Khalid Sheikh Mohammed (KSM), Ramzi Binalshibh, Ali Abdul Aziz Ali and Mustafa Ahmed Adam al Hawsawi as well as Abd al-Rahim al-Nashiri, the Al-Qaeda terrorist charged with orchestrating the 2000 attack on the Navy destroyer USS Cole. Last fall Defense Secretary Ashton Carter proclaimed that around half of the Gitmo detainees need to be locked up “indefinitely” even as his boss works to shut down the facility. The administration has considered relocating the captives to military facilities in the U.S., including Ft. Leavenworth in Kansas and the Navy Brig in Charleston, South Carolina. This has ignited outrage among officials in both states.

In the meantime, Obama’s PRB is on a parole frenzy releasing even some of the most wanted terrorists it had previously refused to discharge. Judicial Watchreported on one of the unbelievable cases over the summer. It involves a senior Al Qaeda operative and bin Laden advisor who had been denied parole by the PRB before the board did an about-face. The Kuwaiti national, Faez Mohammed Ahmed al-Kandari, had been a prisoner at Gitmo since 2002, has a history of participating in violent militant Islamic activities, poses a high-risk threat to the United States, has numerous connections to senior Al Qaeda members and was an influential religious figure for Al Qaeda fighters in Afghanistan. Al-Kandari also provided ideological training at the al-Faruq camp and the Islamic Institute in Kandahar and served as a propagandist who produced and distributed multimedia recruitment material and wrote newspaper articles paying tribute to the 9/11 hijackers.

Nevertheless, in July the PRB granted al-Kandari another parole hearing which Judicial Watch covered live via circuit television from a DOD facility in Crystal City, Virginia. High-level sheikhs from Kuwait’s government were present, reportedly to negotiate al-Kandari’s release. They included multiple diplomats, members of the government-run wire service Kuwait News Agency (KUNA), and the Kuwaiti ambassador to the United States, all advocating for al-Kandari’s release. Al-Kandari was the last Kuwaiti prisoner at Gitmo and Middle Eastern news agencies had reported on the Arab nation’s mission to bring him home. In fact, Kuwaiti Deputy Prime Minister Sheikh Mohammad Al-Khaled Al-Hamad Al-Sabah traveled to Washington to push for al-Kandari’s release shortly before Obama caved into the request.

 

by -
army-deserter

Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl is considering suing Donald Trump–because the outspoken Republican candidate called him a “dirty, rotten traitor.”

Trump’s comments were made during a town hall in New Hampshire on Wednesday. While discussing Bergdahl’s release, as part of a prisoner exchange with the Taliban, Trump made his controversial comments.

Bergdahl’s lawyer, Eugene R. Fidell, slammed Trump for his comments.

He claimed that Trump’s comments were completely “unfounded,” because Bergdahl has not been charged with treason–and questioned whether the comments by the high-profile businessman would prevent Bergdahl from getting a free trial.

And while Fidell admits Bergdahl, due to the charges against is not “in a position, for the moment, to bring the defamation lawsuit Mr. Trump richly deserves,” he left the possibility open for the future.

Bergdahl–who is currently awaiting trial for desertion and endangering his fellow troops–was released on May 31, 2014, after being held captive by the Taliban for five years.

In exchange for Bergdahl’s release, the Obama White House released five Taliban terrorists, who were being held at the U.S. military base in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

Bergdahl’s release was immediately controversial, when it came to light that he might have voluntarily left his post in Afghanistan back in 2009 in order to join the Afghan forces.

If Bergdahl is convicted of the most serious charges against him, he faces life in prison.

by -
taliban-prisoner

Sgt. Bowe R. Bergdahl, who went missing from his Army post in Afghanistan in 2009 and was captured by the Taliban before being released in a prisoner exchange in May 31, 2014 has been charged with desertion and with misbehavior before the enemy according to U.S. Army Col. Daniel King reading from a written statement.

Upon his return, Sergeant Bergdahl was assigned to administrative duties at Fort Sam Houston, Texas in June, 2014 pending the outcome of an Army investigation into the facts surrounding the circumstances of his absence from his post and his subsequent capture by Taliban forces.

Sergeant Bergdahl’s freedom from his captors came in exchange for five high-value Taliban prisoners held at Guantánamo Bay – a move that ignited bipartisan controversy, in part, because President Obama did not alert Congress to the prisoner swap in advance.

Bergdahl’s case has also stirred anger among members of his unit and the American people at large who believe the lives of military members were lost in the search to find and rescue him from his Taliban captors.

According to a report published in the Army Times, Bergdahl, will face an Article 32 preliminary hearing to determine if there is enough evidence to merit a court-martial – a procedure often compared to a civilian grand jury inquiry.

Gen. Mark Milley, commanding general of U.S. Army Forces Command, made the charging decision “after a review of the facts and findings from an extensive Army investigation to determine what, if any, actions should be taken against Bergdahl.”

Bergdahl is charged with:

• One count of desertion with intent to shirk important or hazardous duty.

• One count of misbehavior before the enemy by endangering the safety of a command, unit or place.

Once the Article 32 is completed, the report will be forwarded to Gen. Milley, who is the general court-martial convening authority. In that role, Milley can take one of three actions. He can take no action against Bergdahl, convene special court-martial or a general court-martial.

According to MilitaryLawyers.com, “a special court-martial is often likened to a civilian misdemeanor court action since confinement is limited to one year”… “while a general-court martial is similar to a felony civilian criminal trial.”

“The desertion charge, which falls under Article 85 of the Uniformed Code of Military Justice, carries a maximum punishment of five years confinement, a dishonorable discharge, reduction to the rank of E-1, forfeiture of all pay and allowances.”

“The misbehavior before the enemy charge, which falls under Article 99 of the UCMJ, carries a maximum punishment of confinement for life as well as a dishonorable discharge, reduction in rank to E-1, and forfeiture of pay and allowances.”

Col. King said the Army’s investigation is now being treated as potential evidence in the upcoming Article 32.

TRENDING STORIES

We have not heard much from Hillary after she lost the most incredible election in modern history, but now she surfaces to reach a...